I praise Allah who adorned me with clothing by which I cover myself and by which I obtain beauty in my life.- Sunnah Dua
This article was written on 24 Mar 2014
Beards Improve Men’s Lives
Interestingly the Sunnah of men keeping a beard is supported by many.
Askmen.com reported: A recent study conducted by researchers from the University of New South Wales and published in Evolution and Human Behavior found that women found men with beards more attractive. Not just that but guys with full-beards were perceived as better and more protective fathers. While guys thought clean shaven looked better, women actually rated smooth faces as the least attractive. Then there’s the tremendous health benefits for men with beards. Past studies have found that men with beards look tougher, more aggressive and masculine and would make better romantic partners.
And according to Mensxp.com-Nothing says masculine like a scruffy beard – but did you know there were health benefits also to be derived from growing facial hair.
1. Prevents Skin Cancer
Recent researches have shown that 95 per cent of UV rays from the sun are blocked by beards. Besides keeping the sun out of your face, this is also important as exposure to UV rays can cause cancer. The thicker the hair, the better!
2. Reduction Of Asthma And Allergy Symptoms
If you suffer from pollen or dust allergy or even asthma, facial hair actually help by working as a filter and prevent the allergens from settling. This is not much different from nasal hair.
3. Stay Young, forever!
Here’s your secret to naturally lessen signs of aging. With lesser sun exposure, you can actually continue to look younger – unlike the guys who do not go for beards. Paradox of sorts – beards make you look older, but actually keep you looking younger!
4. Stave Off Illness
So it might be summer now, but when it gets biting cold during fall or winter – the beard will keep you warm and can actually help you battle colds as well. The longer the beard, the better insulation you get!
US-OSCARS-ARRIVALS IFDC Photos
5. Reduce Infections
You never have to worry about bacterial infections, ingrowths and folliculitis (infection of the hair follicles, causing spots) with a beard. These infections are occupational hazards of regular shaving. Be done with that, and be done with such problems as well!
6. Blemish-Free Skin
When you do not have ingrowths, razor cuts and other such skin problems, you have a blemish-free skin. Keep the beard and the great skin, and forget about little nicks and cuts on your face.
7. Natural Moisture
The last thing about keeping beards is that you do not have to worry about dry skin. The hair keeps wind and cold air out, helping your skin battle dryness. Also the sebaceous glands help keep your skin moisturized better when you have a beard, because there is no way you are getting the moisture out of the beard.
Whether you prefer a French beard like Johnny Depp or go all the way like Zach Galifianakis – beards are so much manlier than a hairless chin. And with these health benefits too!
Our collection of your personal information
1) As part of your registration on the Site, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, address, email address and/or telephone number and other similar information as well as some additional information about you such as your date of birth or other identifying information.
Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity, we may need to request from you valid proof of identification (e.g. in the form of a copy of your passport, resident’s visa or permit, national ID card and/or driver’s license).
2) You will need to input this financial information upon purchasing from the Site. We use this financial information for billing purposes and for the fulfillment of your orders.
3) We will collect transactional information based on your activities using the Site. This transactional information is used solely in relation to the transactions you undertake on the Site and for no other reason.
4) Please note that we may use your Internet protocol (or IP) address (which is a unique number assigned to your computer server or your Internet service provider (or ISP)) to analyze user trends and improve the administration of the Site.
5) We may also collect information about your computer (for example, browser type) and navigation information (for example, the pages you visit on the Site) along with the times that you access the Site.
Our use of your personal information
1) We only use your personal information to provide services and customer support to you; to measure and improve our services to you; to prevent illegal activities; troubleshoot problems; collect fees; provide you with promotional emails and verify your information.
2) Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled to do so by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose your personal information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of the policies on the Site.
3) We may share your personal information with our affiliates so as to provide joint content and services to you, to help detect illegal acts and/or the violations of our policies.
5) By registering on the Site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails about our services and emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the Site. If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails or by going to the Site.
6) Additionally, we do use comments made by you about the Site for marketing purposes and by making such comments you expressly consent to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
Accessing, reviewing and amending your personal information
1) You can access and review your personal information on the Site. If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site you should immediately update or correct your personal information the Site or contact our customer support team by clicking on “Contact Info” if you need assistance.
2) Please note that we shall retain your personal information during and following the end of your use of the Site as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Third party website links
1) Like many websites, the Site uses ‘cookie’ technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
2) The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Site and also help us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
No spam or spoof emails
1) We do not tolerate spam. To report Site related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to email@example.com You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our policies. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
Protecting your personal information
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and its storage on, our secure servers. We take every precaution to safeguard all your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Never share your username and password with anyone.
If you are concerned that your username or password has been compromised, please contact our customer support team immediately and ensure you change your password.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact our office at the “Contact Info” link at the top of any Site webpage.
Islamic Fashion Design Council (IFDC) is based in Dubai, UAE. In case services and items are purchased from this website or should anyone avail, participate, or contribute in any way to the events, offers, and services of IFDC:
By submitting an order form, it is understood that you have read and agreed to all the terms & conditions and policies.
The sales offer is accepted upon completion and submission of the order form.
Customer authorizes that IFDC will then charge the credit card used in the transaction.
For all payments, we accept Visa and Master Card and the currencies we use are AED and USD.
You confirm that you are the authorized card-holder or that you have the permission of the authorized card-holder upon making any credit card payment.
In the event of errors with product descriptions/images, product availability, pricing, etc, we will make efforts to contact the customer in order to confirm corrected information. Customer may choose to cancel their order in such cases or proceed with the sale. Order will automatically be canceled should we be unable to reach the customer within 5 days.
You are entitled to a refund up until 3 days before the event, in the case of ticket purchase; or return or exchange on all goods within 7 days of receipt. Your full refund will be processed through original mode of payment, or an exchange can be made. For both refunds and exchanges all original tags must be in their original place, in tact, and the item must not have been worn/used. Customer is responsible for shipping costs of returned items.
We reserve the right to refuse refunds and exchanges should requirements not be met as posted on the site or product/services offer.
Please read all Terms and Conditions, and Policies posted on this Site. By interacting on www.islamicfashiondesigncouncil.org, customer agrees to all Terms and Conditions, and Policies posted on the Site.
To be considered for a seat on the Council, please send an email to our coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly attach your bio, photo, and in the message state
how you can best contribute to the advancement of the Islamic fashion industry.